And we are off!!!

So it's all been (kinda) confirmed!

The offer has been sent and I've accepted it, just waiting for the formal contract, etc. I'm making the whole
family up sticks and move half way around the world. Don't get me wrong, I'm really excited, but I have to admit that right now I'm feeling a little more than a bit nervous.

As a teacher I always just assumed that my career would begin and end in the UK. I'm not for a moment saying that it's not going to end there, just that if you had asked me 5 years ago where I saw my teaching going, it wouldn't be Malaysia. Interestingly enough, i really do think that there is something to be said for the fact that International schools seem to be able to offer the British Curriculum in a method more akin to how British state schools would like to be able to. It's going to be interesting to see if that is the reality of it or not. I have so many questions about how international schools work, I'm sure I'll pop them and their answers here at some point.

On a side note, my wife is pregnant at the moment and as such, to add to all the stress, she won't be joining me until closer to the new year. I can't say that really fills me with joy, but I'm hoping I will have got everything set up and ready for her by the time she and the kids arrive.

My current concerns / reservations include the following (I've put them as a list, it seems to be easier that way in my head):


  • Quality of life, social or otherwise
  • Being away from family
  • Cost of living
  • All of the technicalities of moving abroad

The school I'm going to offers a really great package for their teachers including great medical insurance, housing allowance, etc. It's taken a lot of the worry out of the move, but there still seems to be a great amount of unknown stuff I have to deal with. Watch this space.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Immigration Strikes Again & A Weekend Of Fun

The joys of Vaccinations, Visas and Finances

Induction Week, Social Stuff & FOOD!!!